Work on the StudioHouse progresses. This is the sewing room. So far.
I've sewn since I was twelve and now my 2 youngest girls are starting to so a sewing room was a must for the StudioHouse. Since sewing requires lots of time and space (we'll also use it for embroidery, crocheting, quilting, and re-upholstering) I figured the third floor (attic room) would be a great option.
The kids painted the walls. Straight untinted white. Then I decided green for the floor. (Sticking with my Brand Palette) I worked on the floor with Cassie and Erica's help. This is the beginning, before I found out that the paint wasn't mixed completely in the can. One side of the floor ended up a cool green and the other side a warm green. When I got to the bottom of the can there was yellow pigment that wasn't mixed in. Grrrrrr!
Usually after the store mixes it I can just shake it and go. That's IF the store mixes it properly. So here's a tip -
TIP: DON'T TRUST THAT THE STORE AUTOMATICALLY MIXES THE PAINT THOROUGHLY.
I ended up buying more paint (making sure it was completely mixed) and did it all over again.
There's a door leading upstairs to the sewing room that usually stays closed. I finished up with painting them. Every time I open the door to the stairs it makes me happy.
I'm a painter and I messed up. Tell me I'm not the only one who has projects take longer than they're supposed to.
10/5/2014 04:27:38 am
I love it! It is coming along beautifully!! And no...you're not the only one who takes longer to finish things than necessary. Hah!
Leave a Reply.