Okay, yesterday I left a little teaser here, though it didn't start out that way. It was just that after having a little introspective moment I realized I had gone on so long already that I didn't want to go on even more and I really had one more day that I could work with. So the unintended teaser.
Here's what I really wanted to say yesterday, "In 50 days I'm turning 50!" (Though yesterday would have been 51 days but let's not get sidetracked again.) Starting today, I'm going to celebrate for the next 50 days. Well, let me revise that, we're going to celebrate for the next 50 days. That's if you want to join me.
The best birthday present for me is to be able to be creative. Something artsy. That's all. Soooooo....... here's what we're going to do. I'm going to post a portrait a day (except Sunday), for 50 days starting today, from one of your photos. Ambitious right. Okay, crazy. Like I said yesterday, maybe one challenge.
I did this one time a few years back (here) - where I had people send in an image and painted a portrait. That's the portrait I did above. I had fun with it so I thought I'd do that again, just on a much bigger scale. Because 50 is big!
Here's the how-tos and what-fors -
• I don't have to know you. Have met you. Agree with you. Or even like you
for you to post a photo
• Send a headshot that's not blurry
• The photo has to be of you or you have to be a parent/guardian if a minor
• I don't know yet how I'm going to pick the images I use
• I'm going to interpret your image whatever way the creative muse says to
• I might not use your photo or I may use it sometime in the days following your
• If I use your photo, you don't get the artwork
• You do get a high res jpeg for personal use, your compensation
• By sending in your image you give me permission to use your image any way
I want and to reproduce it
• I make no promises about anything
• I have no idea how this is going to turn out
There are 2 things you have to do to be considered -
#1 Upload an image to Shannon's Studio FB page, here
#2 Leave your email in a private message on FB or my website
#3 Optional - Leave a thought about birthdays, turning 50 or
whatever you think of
#4 Optional - It would be nice if you 'like' the recent
Shannon's Studio FB I've opened up
(I'm switching over from the Shannon Christensen Fine Art FB page)
Since it's a celebration this will all be fun and flexible. So? Are you in? I'll know if you upload a photo.