Someday I'd like to be an artist. Those aren't my words, they are ones from my niece, Desea. She wants to be an artist like me. Funny I didn't even know she knew I was an artist.
When I was young I don't recall ever thinking or saying that I wanted to be an artist. I was crafty and somewhat creative but it was never something that I thought I could be. I thought about being a psychologist and my grandfather wanted me to be a secretary but artist, no. That was definitely not on the radar. So I think it's super that at this young age Desea has already decided she wants to learn certain things. Judging from her picture above she's got a good start. She's a cutie for sure.
Have any of you wanted to be an artist when you were young?
Here's Free-for-all-Friday on Saturday. I didn't finish last night because I dated the Boyfriend instead. Hey, I have priorities. What I did realize is that I have to start FFAF on Monday otherwise life and dates happen. So, on Monday or Tuesday I'll post info for FFAF, that way I can work on it during the week and not wait until Friday. Have to learn as we go but I think that sounds like a good plan.
This is a painting that was started Thursday night at a meeting in which I spoke about education. In my mind, education is part of a larger formula...
1) Get a decorative jar This one is from Hobby Lobby.
2) Cut paper to fit jar
These were 12" x 3.75"
3) Roll up paper and slip inside the jar
4) Get stickers
5) Use tape as a guideline to put stickers on so that they are straight
6) Choose ribbons to tie around neck of jar and to attach charm
7) Choose charms that fit occasion
8) Attach charm & bow
9) Cut strips of decorative paper for notes (with blank backside) and tuck inside jar
Kit includes: blanket, napkins, drinks, appetizer, main course, dessert, and an activity of playing big ball volleyball.
Energy, engagement and enlightenment are products of creativity.
This is an ideal activity to kickstart some of these creative engines -
• Emphasize idea generation
• Fact-finding is a stage in the creative process
• Practice creative activities to recruit the brains' creative networks and gradually change neurological patterns
• Apply approach as an everyday process of work or school
• Recognize and nurture creativity
The thing about becoming a creative thinker is that it requires action. Actually doing something. This might be a little uncomfortable at first. Realize you are maybe working new parts of your brain - strengthening your creativity intelligence.
Sketch out a few ideas for your Draw and Cook recipe
• How would you lay it out so that someone could follow the recipe?
• What engaging element would you add to get people's attention?
• Sketch out several ideas
• Take one refine it, finish it and submit it
Even if you don't submit to DrawAndCook.com still do this activity, your brain won't take back the process because you didn't submit on their website.
Art & Interiors
Art & Wellbeing
D I Y
Free For All Friday
Me + You
Paintings In Progress
R T G
Step By Step
Surface Pattern Design
Table For Two